Subject: Re: [Leica] Metz 32 MZ-3 Flash
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 00:07:54 -0800

Manuel Escobar wrote:

>    I'm new at using this flash. And I'm having trouble
> understanding the use TTL from both manuals (the flash
> and the RE camera).
>  I know what ttl does. I just don't know which
> aperture to use. The manual says that I can use any
> aperture on the lens. Could that mean f/16 at
> hyperfocal distance?
> (if I so desire to use that aperture)
><Snip> .

Right off the bat what I can say is you need to see on the chart on the back of
the flash what your distances are.
At ISO 400 f16 and a 35mm angle setting the flash will get you 13 feet away. Or
closer. Try shooting 20 feet away at that setting and you are underexposing.
But you may want to use a wider setting on your camera lens and flash so your
flash recycles faster and uses up batteries less fast.
Mark Rabiner