Subject: [Leica] Nikon RF Rumors
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:42:55 +0000

Stephen Gandy: >>>I just got an email that  Amateur Photographer, the UK
magazine, which was published today,  is running a story about rumors of
a new
rangefinder coming out of Nikon based on the SP.

things are getting interesting.<<<

"Getting"? Heck, Stephen, they've GOTTEN...and now they're getting more
and more so.... <s>

I got wind of this project from a source in Asia three years ago, and
wondered if it would ever amount to anything. Didn't _Amateur_ also
predict the Hexar RF a year or so ago? When my sources were saying
Konica had decided against it. Guess my sources were wrong.

- --Mike