Subject: Re: [Leica] glasses and bezel?
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:07:05 EST

In a message dated 11/9/99 8:04:11 PM, nonnecke@umbc.edu writes:

>I may be the only one who suffers from this, although, I doubt it.
>
>The bezel around the eyepiece on my M4-P occasionally scratches my glasses.
>I've devoted an older pair of glasses for use with this camera. I've also
>taped over the outer edge of the metal bezel. This is a rather inelegant
>solution and was wondering if anyone has a better one.

My solution -- I have this problem with every camera I use -- is to buy
eyeglasses with anti-reflection coating which comes with a 1-year NO-scratch
warranty. As the 1-year anniversary approaches I go in and order a new pair
of lenses. Every two years I buy a new set and the process starts all over .
. .

Personally I don't see a way around it short of LASIK surgery. Cameras
scratch eyeglasses. That's one of those rules of life you can rank up there
with "heated things are hot."

Bob (scratches happen) McEowen