Subject: Re: [Leica] I'm back!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 08:36:59 -0800

Eric Welch wrote:
>LUGnuts!
>
>I'm back. I arrived in the San Diego area last Wednesday, and I go to work
>in a few minutes. So I thought it was about time I got back to the LUG and
>see what's happening.
>
>Hope I missed the nasty stuff, and didn't miss the good stuff!

Welcome back Eric, glad to see you're settled in sunny California giving me
another reason to come south.

I figure with you, Donal and Jim Brick, along with a few others down there,
I could migrate south like the birds and rotate my time for several winter
months staying a week or two with each of you! yeah right! :)

You haven't missed much, as it appears it has calmed down and maybe some
common sense has returned. My goodness let's hope so.  We also have another
Leica site coming along, the Leica Enthusiast Group or LEG if you wish.

Quieter under the astute guidance of Roger Beamon and less volitile.
Although I'm hoping LUG folks, including myself, can put aside the drivel,
well some of the sheer stupid things that create antagonistic responses of
non-Leica things to the past.

In any event good luck and great success with the new position, I'm sure
you'll do a champion job.

The exciting news from moi? The R8, 35-70 and winder that was lifted during
last year Commonwealth Games has been recoverd by two LUGNUTS, MC Lau and
James Khor of Malaysia and will be returned to me within a week. A long
story, however a happy ending one.:)

see you on the screen, LUG or LEG.

ted

Ted Grant