Subject: Re: [Leica] leica digilux zoom
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 17:56:29 EST

Beth...something that I forgot to tell you.  The memory chip that comes with
the Digilux is an 8meg card and it will hold about 8 pictures at high
resolution and perhaps three times that at normal res.  To get the data from
the chip you will need a card reader which attaches to your computer.  This
allows the software to grab the images from the card.  Unfortunately this
costs $75 to $100. which will be in addition to your camera.  So the $400
camera becomes $500 and the $600 camera becomes $700.  The only camera that I
know of that one is not needed is the Mavica which uses a 3-1/2" floppy.

Sorry, there is no end to this is there?

Bob

<< hmmmm.. the big question then is, how long to wait.  as I said, I can
spend
 600.  not any more though.  hmmm.  I could get a nice one & still have 200
 left (my parents gave me 600 for a camera, for Xmas) or I could wait.
 decisions decisions.

 Thank you very very much, you have been so helpful.

 Beth >>