Subject: [Leica] Totally soft (headed)
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 19:54:53 +0000

>>>The winner has made a picture without any interest in my opinion. Is
there
any Lugger to explain the meaning of that thing ?
Moreover the picture is totally soft. I have nothing about that, but it
is a
Leica contest...and the winner will receive a leica equipment !<<<

<g>

...Funnier, in my opinion, is the fact that many manufacturers
(including Leica!) sometimes put in their _catalogs_ photographs which
are not, shall we say, "optically competent." It always amazes me. At
the very least, EXAMPLE pictures should show the best that can be
accomplished. Even if contest-winning pictures and everyday work do not.

- --Mike