Subject: Re: [Leica] OT:Ilford DD-X and HP5+
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 23:07:02 +0100

Ernie,

I too found some of my initial rolls with DD-X a bit dense. I use a Jobo
processor and used the times in the data sheet as a starting point. However,
following a suggestion passed on by Christer earlier this year, I have just
today developed a roll of Delta 100 in DD-X, diluted 1+9, 12 mins. at 24C/75F.
The result is excellent! It seems that you really have to do your own testing to
see what works for you.

Nathan

Ernest Nitka wrote:

> Anyone on the list with any experience with Ilford's new liquid developer?
> I tried some with HP5+ rated 400 and processed for the 9 min. they rec. and
> thought the negatives to be too dense ( very unscientific but just a "gut"
> feeling).  The second roll was done for 8 min and this seemed better.  While
> I now that the standard answer is "your mileage may vary - do your own
> testing"  - I have always done well using the manufacturers rec. times .
> Any thoughts from those who have used DDX?
>
> Ernie

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium