Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M photo contest in CDI
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:18:41 +0100

I have the 15 October - 15 November issue of CDI in front of me, and loosely
translated, the rules are:

- - each image must be accompanied by a legend
- - if there are recognisable persons, a release must be enclosed
- - unmounted prints 20x30cm or slides (no glass mounts) are accepted
- - if you want your stuff back, you must enclose a SASE, no exceptions (so I
guess you must ask a French LUGger for some French postage stamps, or send
prints that you are prepared to give up)
- - address: Chausseur d'Images-Leçon de Photo, La Petite Motte, 86100 Senillé,
France.
- - deadline: December 6

There is no mention of prizes, so I guess CDI assumes that people will be
sufficiently motivated by the prospect of being published.

I am not going to bother. This year I have entered pictures into every month
in the Amateur Photographer (UK) Amateur Photographer of the Year competition,
and only once did I make it into top 30. That would be OK if I thought that
the images that did get published were superior to mine, but that is not the
case. While I can see that the winners were invariably better, I thought that
some of the top 30 entries were trash. One guy scored lots of points with
carefully set up pictures of mice in a maze...I think that I am going to stick
to publishing on my web pages and sharing pictures with friends and family.

Nathan

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> Pascal - Can you possibly post a translation of the rules and address one
> would need to enter - none of the legal gobbltygook, but things like print
> size and type, etc.?
>
> Thanks..B. D.

- --
Nathan Wajsman