Subject: Re: [Leica] OT:Ilford DD-X and HP5+
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 02:45:13 EST

This may appear to be even more off-target, but let me finish before passing
judgement.

When Ilford Multigrade IV first came on the market I switched to it from the
earlier MGIII, and I found that I could not print with it as it was flat and
muddy.   I subsequently had lengthy discussions with Ilford who tried to
blame everything but their paper.   They finally admitted that it was
designed for punchy negatives as produced by the press boys, who accounted
for 90% of their sales.   Since then I have been using Kodak or Agfa!

Now to the point - it would seem that Ilford have produced a developer which,
when linked with their Delta range of films (and others) produce the punchier
negatives that match their papers.   I have tried the combination and still
don't like it.   I find the dev OK'ish but will return to Aculux when I have
finished this bottle I think.

Gerry