Subject: [Leica] Neat book; maybe leica, maybe not...
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@cs.berkeley.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 15:55:36 -0700 (PDT)

I was a the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art last weekend, there are
two shows that I found photographically interesting:

  - an exhibit of prints made from the NASA archives of Apollo stuff.

  - an exhibit that ties a number of well known artists (painters,
    sculptures) together by showing how they used photography in (or
    to support) their art.

Back to the point (yes Virginia, I had a point).  While cruising the
museum store, I found a book by Steve McCurry titled Portraits.  It's
put of by Phaidon, and is built like a nicely bound collection of
postcards.  The portraits are really amazing.  Lots of strong eye
contact (but not always), neat lighting, good expressions.  Wow.

I'd recommend flipping through it (or buying it) if you get the
chance.

g.