Subject: Re: [Leica] 25mm Skopar finder vs. 24mm Leica
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:21:32 EDT

I got a Leica finder when I bought my 24mm ASPH. Subsequently I bought a
Voightlander Bessa-L finder from a guy who bought the lens but didn't feel he
needed the finder (I figured I'd stick in on a second body when I get one).
The Bessa is clearly brighter and offers a bigger view. It does distort more
and it lacks the parralex line. I just arrived at what seemed like a fair
price with the seller but I'd sure be curious to know what you would end up
selling the finders alone for . . .

Bob (the world needs more brightline finders) McEowen

In a message dated 10/27/99 8:09:19 AM, Photovilla@aol.com writes:

>I just got in a boat load of Voightlander 25mm Skopars with finders and
>have to comment that their finder is much nicer than the 24mm Leica finder.
>
>It is brighter and seemingly wider...and if it matches up to what the lens
>
>actually sees it is one of  the few "bargins" in the Leica world . . . .I am
able to import these lenses, but I am considering getting more finders