Subject: Re: [Leica] e-mail problem
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 17:19:07 -0300

Bill:

Windows 95 has a problem with the TCPIP (protocol for Internet
communication) stack that can manifest itself this way.  It basically means
that after a lot of use something fails (the call it a stack leak) and you
will get these errors from programs trying to access the internet or TCPIP.
 This happens mainly on machines that transfer a lot of data and/or are
kept connected for long periods of time.  A daily reboot of a windows 95
machine will usually avoid this.  I find I have problems more often now
that I am on a cable modem and connected all the time.  This has probably
been corrected in Windows 98 and was never a problem with Windows NT, which
is probably the most stable operating system other than commercial variants
of unix.

Regards,

Robert