Subject: [Leica] Gibson etc.
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 10:00:48 +0000

It's the first time I read Ralph Gibson uses a 90 MM 80 % of the time.
I know quite well Gibson's work. He declared to have used a M with a 50
DR
or with a 35. He never pointed out a 90, never

Dominique
<<<<

I can't speak for Gibson, of course. I only met Ralph once. We had lunch
at the NoHo Star in Manhattan, and he was carrying a Wetzlar M6 with a
90mm Tele-Elmarit on a braided leather lanyard strap. He seemed to be
enamored of 90mm at the time, but we all know how our enthusiasms in
these regards can tend to be, well, variable. I did hear that most of
his wonderful book on France was done with 35mm and 50mm (and computer
manipulated, too!).

- --Mike