Subject: Re: [Leica] Dealers in the UK
From: Pascal <cyberdog@tijd.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 18:10:42 +0200

On 19-10-1999 15:47 Matthew Warr (EML) wrote:

> Could somebody give me the name and number of a reputable Leica dealer in
>the UK for this first-time Leica buyer.  I'm only after a Minilux, I tried
>Robert White and they told me that what I really wanted was a Ricoh GR1!

Hi Matthew:

why do you limit yourself to the UK ?

It took me a while but now I am ordering most, if not all, of my
equipment in the "Heimat", i.e. Germany, for these three reasons:
- - the good German dealers are more knowledgeable in things Leica than
their counterparts in the rest of Europe;
- - they usually have a lot more Leica stuff in stock and, if not, order
and delivery times are unbeatable;
- - they usually sell at more competitive prices than elsewhere in Europe.
This is certainly true compared to Belgium and France.

E.g. the Minilux sells in Germany for a little over 1,000 DEM while the
going price in Belgium is still around 1,500 DEM. Go figure.

Check out the following dealers:
- - Foto Hobby in Frankfurt at http://www.foto-hobby.de (Nicolas Uhl)
- - Leica bei Meister at http://www.leicabeimeister.com (Martin Meister)

I have excellent experiences with both of them. They ship worldwide and
are also reliable in case of equipment malfunctioning and returns.

Pascal
Belgium

See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
"Windows 95 doesn't smile back at me when I turn it on."