Subject: [Leica] Ted honoured - Lifetime Achievement award
From: Pat Fretts <pfretts@cyberus.ca>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 12:02:25 -0400

Hello from Ottawa,

Arrived here last evening for the big date on Tuesday. If you don't think I'm a
tad nervous you're mistaken, as this is the most important event
photographically ever to occur for me, as you might imagine.

Thank you to the many who sent congratulations, I'll fill you in with details
Wednesday. It's still hard to believe this is happening to me, but I accept it
with great feelings of humbleness.

I don't beieve any of us go through our careers with any thought of being
rewarded in this fashion, we do the assignments to the best of our abilities and
sometimes wonder whether we make any difference or not.  Then one day you're
receiving a Life Time Achievement Award for your efforts, quite amazing! In
reality it wasn't photographic effort or work, it was doing something you love
with great passion and enjoyment. And blessed with the good fortune that a
number of people had faith in your ability, also being in the right place at the
right time.

As I try to "hang loose" for a couple of days in the capital city, my trusty M6
and Noctilux are being polished to hang fittingly from my shoulder, after all I
wouldn't be there if I had not found the psychological mystique associated with
a Leica many years ago.

Watch for the details.

regards,
ted