Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Build Quality
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 17:47:21 +0200

Pascal,

I am finding myself in the strange situation of defending Belgium to a
Belgian...I have found in my 4 1/2 years here that if you build a
relationship with a good shop and stick with them, you will get great
service. In this respect, it is no different from the USA or other
countries. At B&H you will get a good price but you will always just be one
of hundreds of daily customers. At places like Photo Alpha, Photo Grenson
(where I drop off all my slide film for processing), or the little computer
shop in Stationsstraat here in Overijse, I am known, greeted by name, and
if there ever is any problem, it is resolved cheerfully and professionally.
When I lived in New Jersey I had similar relationships with some local
small shops and I was always satisfied. Sometimes trying to squeeze the
vendor for the last centime is not the cheapest strategy in the long run.

Nathan

Pascal wrote:

> That a typical Belgian vendor usually would make more difficulties when
> you want to return defective goods than the manufacturer !
> Luckily, there are also some exceptions to this rule...
>
> Pascal
> NO ARCHIVE

> See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
> "Windows 95 doesn't smile back at me when I turn it on."
> <<< PGP public key available on request >>>

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium