Subject: [Leica] Try this sometime...
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 16:52:47 +0200

Folks,

This weekend the sun has been shining in Belgium, and the Viewfinders
(local English-language photo club) had arranged a landscape workshop
near Dinant, south of Brussels. I went with my son and all my gear, and
it got exercised. The organizer had really scouted the route well and
knew exactly when the light would be good at the spots he had picked. I
shot about 5 rolls of chrome and a couple of B&W; you pros will not be
impressed by this, but for me it is a lot on a weekend.

This was my first experience of any kind of group shoot, and I really
enjoyed it. It was great to be in the company of like-minded people as
opposed to the more usual situation when you are with non-photographers
who think you are a nuisance when you want to stop for a great view, set
up the tripod etc.

I was the only Leica person in the group and the only one who did not
own a zoom lens. So I had to work a bit harder than the others with the
frequent lens changes, but on the other hand I will have better pictures
(given the same composition etc.). And my low tech approach
(M6+Leicaflex) proved superior in another respect: one of the
participants spent most of Saturday with a dead camera because she had
forgotten to bring spare batteries and her camera used a size that
nobody else had, and another had forgotten his electronic cable release
and since he had one of the modern AF wonders our offers to borrow out
old-fashioned screw-in releases were of no use to him.

Y'all should try it sometime instead of flaming each other on the LUG...

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium