Subject: Re: [Leica] Help with R summicron 50
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 08:18:39 +0200

Alexander,

The older version (which I also have) is a 7-element design (cat.no. 11228), while the newer one is a 6-element design. According to my Leica
International Price Guide, the old one is worth 350 DM and the new one 600 DM (I am giving you European prices since you are located in
Greece). I think for the old lens this may even be an overestimate; they are very common. I got mine with the Leicaflex SL for 16000 BEF (400
EUR) for the set.

Nathan

Alexander wrote:

> Hello luggers.
>
> I have 2 different summicrons.
> The latest version made in Canada, i can identify. it's also larger.
> The older version is a leitz wetzlar 2303### made in Germany and is smaller and take series VI filters.
> could any one be kind enough to quote the optical differences if any between the 2 and tell me an average price for them in exc+ condition?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Warm Regards,
> Alexander