Subject: Re: [Leica] Selection of a Projector
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 20:59:56 -0700

Jerald Rosenfeld wrote:

> I am in need of puurchasing a new 35mm slide projector. Any
> recomendations. It is for home use. I  MIGHT be oing a professional
> slide show. < 5% chance>
> Jerry Rosenfeld

99.9999% of professional slide shows are done with Kodak Ektagraphic projectors
which is what I have and I used to do them. I did a 16 projector slide show for
Six Flags over mid America and a dupe for Texas.
This is the Leica list and Leica has come out this year i think with a projector
that takes the Kodak carousels so in very few years they should be in the
running I should think. If you got one now you'd probably do OK check to make
sure dissolve units will work with them. Just take it out of the box and turn it
on before you walk out of the store. Make sure the advance button works. :)
The other option is to adapt Leica glass for you Kodak or other excellent glass
like Schneider.
Mark Rabiner