Subject: [Leica] Leica lenses in low light
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 23:17:22 +0200

Well, on Sunday I shot some slides (Provia at ISO 100) with my Summicron-M
1:2/35 ASPH in very poor light, and I must say that I am very impressed by the
results.  I hardly expected them to come out so nicely.  This lens performs very
well even in rotten light conditions.  Beautiful contrast and saturation, no
sign of flare or other problems from point light sources or other ares of
intense illumination--just very nice all around.  And the M6 body seems to move
less at slow shutter speeds and handheld.  I had written off quite a few
exposures under the assumption that they just wouldn't come out, but every one
of them was not only usable but quite good.  I guess that's why the lens costs
so much.

  -- Anthony