Subject: Re: [Leica] How much difference is there....really
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 19:29:24 -0500

At 12:25 AM 10/6/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Ask most people who have seen the images about the stories behind
>them.  Perhaps
>one in a thousand will be able to say something about the
>circumstances.  Eddie
>Adams explanation of his photo of that execution in Vietnam never
>travelled one
>millionth as far as the photo itself.

Neither do they insult the photographer by questioning their truthfulness.
If you see the name of the photographer under the pictures - and in this
case, there is only one Nick UT who is a professional photographer who is
known internationally - so there is little question of why he takes credit
for the photo. He took it.

>What do you mean by "serious" documentary work?  (Not a flame, just a
>question.)

I mean going beyond just walking up to a building and snapping a picture.
Maybe if you would look at the work of Eugene Atget, you will understand.
There's not only the surface, but depth. You can feel his love for Paris.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Microwave: Signal from a friendly micro...