Subject: Re: [Leica] Holding an M6 vertically
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 23:33:00 +0200

From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 1999 15:09

> It's a bottom-mounted manual winding device that
> replaces the camera's bottom plate.  It makes winding
> and shooting faster because you don't have to move
> your shutter hand to wind the film.  Think of it as
> a manual motor...

A windable winder!

> Take a look at this page:
> http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/5799/rapidw.htm

Fascinating.  It's interesting that Leica users seem to be so willing to build
their own gadgets and add-ons for their cameras.  It's hard to imagine Nikon and
Canon users being the same way.

By the way, doesn't GeoCities require that its subscribers license all the
content of their web pages to GeoCities for just about any use it sees fit?

> And BTW, the photo on this page that shows the correct
> way to hold an M2 with RW, appears to show a black-taped
> M6.

I've been meaning to ask about tape.  I got a big roll of "gaffer's tape" from
the camera store, and I was wondering if someone can assure me that putting this
on my camera to hide the Leica name and logo would not present any risk for the
paint or finish on the logo and name.  Is it safe?  I've read that this stuff is
supposed to leave everything untouched, but I wonder.

  -- Anthony