Subject: Re: [Leica] Some Info on the New "Voigtlander" Lenses
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 19:38:38 -0400

At 03:44 PM 10/1/1999 -0700, Stephen of the multiple family names wrote:
>companies that don't sell enough merchandise to stay in business don't
survive,
>regardless of how great their products are.

Whoa, there, Stephen!  Your initial comment was that Voigtlander didn't
make superb lenses, and this is what I was responding to;  now you try to
toss a new spin on it when the going gets too tough for you.

The historical record on this is clear:  Voigtlander produced outstanding
lenses from start to finish.  And this is why Zeiss bought them, gutted
them of their lens folks, then put the remainder with Zeiss
Ikon-Voigtlander and tossed it to the knacker's yard.

Kindly, get your facts straight before opining on things you seem to know
little about.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!