Subject: Re: [Leica] Some Info on the New "Voigtlander" Lenses
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 18:09:52 -0700

well Marc,

perhaps you should read more carefully.

German Voigtlander lenses, nothing.  the quote  was

"IF the old Voigtlander had made products like these, it's my guess they
would  have stayed in business."

Today's  Cosina Voigtlander LTM lenses and bodies are selling quite well by
all accounts, far beyond expectations.   German Voigtlander products,
however, did not sell well enough to survive.  If Voigtlander in the 1950's,
Leica's heyday,  made a large range of readily available low priced quality
LTM products  like Cosina is today,  things might have been different.  If
the Japanese were allowed by occupying forces to make LTM cameras, why not
Voigtlander?.   Yes, I know about the LTM Nokton, but for whatever reason
Voightlander did not offer a complete LTM lens lineup, nor a LTM camera.

Marc, if someone's post is unclear to you , why not ask?

Stephen