Subject: Re: [Leica] Americans. Now: baby killers
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 00:44:16 +0200

Peter,

I usually stay out of so blatantly non-Leica threads, but this slur I cannot let
pass. Amnesty is the most respected human rights organisation in the world.
During the Cold War, they ran thousands of letter-writing campaigns on behalf of
political prisoners in the Soviet Union and elsewhere in Eastern Europe. To call
them a communist group is plainly ridiculous. Today, Amnesty continues to point
out human right violations wherever they occur, without regard to politics. In
recent years they have criticised the USA, China, even Denmark. Their
objectivity is unchallenged. You and other right wingers may not like what they
say about the USA, but there are just as many left-winger who do not like what
Amnesty says about "their" pet countries.

This is my only post on the LUG on this topic. If you wish to debate, please
e-mail me privately.

Nathan

"Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" wrote:

> Thank you for the information from that communist group of leftists a.k.a.
> Amnesty International.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium