Subject: Re: [Leica] Thank You All
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 22:52:38 +0100

Bruce,

Thanks for a wonderful message. It really does put things in perspective. For me
this list is a source of useful information about all things Leica, but it is
also more than that. I have met and befriended several LUGgers and my life has
become richer for that.

And yes, I do have a life, reading e-mails or surfing the web is only a small
part of it.

Nathan

MicroGrid@aol.com wrote:

> LUGGERS
>
> I would like to express my thanks to all of you for your contributions to
> this list. I first discovered this list about 8 months ago and would read the
> digest occasionally. My interest in photography, and my forgotten Leica's
> were both rejuvenated a bit, but -- no time. Suddenly I was blessed with
> time. I suffered a stroke while traveling on business, in Chicago. When I
> returned home to my laptop your digests were waiting. Suddenly, in reading of
> your adventures, I discovered again what had so fascinated me about
> photography 30 years before. I looked at Tina's pictures of Honduras, Ted's
> of Doctors,(boy did that hit close to home).I posted on occasion and made
> some new E friends.
>
> Marc Small's fascinating history lessons returned me to my youth, working for
> my father in a large photography store in Ohio. Walt's Texas Tirades
> sometimes made me laugh but mostly made me think. Eric's ubiquitous posts --
> before and after his hiatus -- reminded me of the photographers I waited on
> 25 years ago, their trials in doing what, to everyone but the subject, and
> their peers, is an almost invisible job.
>
> The friendly banter, of you all helped me a lot through this tough time in my
> life. I will always be grateful that you let me eavesdrop on your
> conversations.
>
> I am going to take some time off until this Anthony thing blows over. It's
> clear he's not going away. I'll come back when the list is back to normal,
> and arguing over some other great photographs, photographers, or the demise
> of Leica Camera.
>
>  You all helped to restore my health, but most importantly you restored in me
> the love of photography that I had foolishly let lapse. I just wanted to let
> you all, mentioned or not, know the value of this list.
>
> Ted, I am going to go take pictures with my Leicas, which came out of their
> early retirement performing flawlessly.
>
> Bruce Bowman
> Killingworth CT
>
> (Marc; Email me your address and I'll send you the pictures of Deer Lake-20
> years after.)

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium