Subject: [Leica] Re: scape goat ?
From: Dominique.Pellissier@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr (Dominique PELLISSIER)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 07:20:55 +0200

>Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:04:42 -0700
>From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
>Subject: RE: [Leica] Ted's outcry
>
>I don't know if anyone has noticed, but IMO Anthony's output has become both
>more restrained and more reasonable over the past few days.  Give the guy a
>break - he'll settle in here in his own way and on his own terms.  If some
>regulars are upset by a flood of questions, commentary and strong opinions
>from a newbie, they should look not only to his actions but to their own
>reactions as well - the LUG is not simply a preserve for the technically
>sophisticated, the socially adept and the deferential.  This is still the
>net, remember - the last bastion of egalitarianism and free speech.
>Especially on an unmoderated list like this.
>
>It's good to aspire to ascending to a higher level of discourse, but there
>has to be room in this world for the questions of the uninformed.  If those
>are not permitted, the only way a neophyte has of acquiring enlightenment is
>to sit and read - hoping that the masters will by some chance hand out the
>desired tablets.  And before someone says "What about the archives?", I will
>point out that as far as I can tell the LUG hasn't been archived since May
>8.
>
>Paul Chefurka

My comment :

I agree entirely with Paul.

The LUG is NOT a scientific discussion group for egg-head types only.

The LUG is, as Paul wrote above, "the last bastion of egalitarianism and
free speech".

We are all bound by our love/hate relation with Leica from beginners to experts.
No "big brother" in order to say : "if you're X, it's all right ; if you're
Y, stick around ; if you're Z, get back"

Dominique