Subject: [Leica] Re: I am very concerned
From: Dominique.Pellissier@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr (Dominique PELLISSIER)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 07:21:54 +0200

>Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 20:06:56 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Bill Erfurth <m6rf@yahoo.com>
>Subject: [Leica] I am very concerned.
>
>I have been quite busy and have not been following
>Leica stock like I usually do.  Today I had a chance
>to take a look at it, and the picture is not good.
>
>As I recall, a couple months ago Leica was at about 13
>or 15 Euros, now it is a 8 and some change.  What this
>means is that Leica stock has lost, at least, one
>third of it's value in the past couple months.  And,
>it was down last week again over 11%.  That is not
>good.  Imagine your house loosing 30% to 40% of it's
>value in a couple months.

(snip)

>Regards,
>
>Bill Erfurth
>m6rf@yahoo.com

###########
Bill,

As you know, financial markets are efficient : the price includes all the
available information.
If the price of the Leica stock goes down, there is a rational explanation.

1°) At the end of september, at the annual meeting, news have been given to
shareholders (or have been anticipated by them). Which (bad)news ? I ignore.

2°)Ignacio Lopez and a group of investors have tried to take the control of
Leica. As they failed, they probably sold a large amount of Leica stocks
inside a market of small extent.

3°)As I wrote before, the market is waiting for a strong signal from Solms.
If no new product is in sight, it's finished.

That's my 2 cents thought I put in.

Dominique