Subject: Re: [Leica] Transparency film
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 18:04:57 -0700

Dk wrote:

>I usually shoot Kodachrome, but the turnaround time for development is ten
>days. I've got some jobs to do and the turnaround times will be a day at
>most. What is the best slide film for me to get the jobs done fast and look
>great?

Hi DK,
Whoa, what a nice wide open question! :)  There are as many favourites film
for each LUGNUT, as there are leaves on a tree.

It will be more than interesting to see the responses, as each of us has
his or her "really the best" slide film...Next to kodachrome.

Like many others when it became so, "time turn around difficult" to use KR
and so many new E6 films came on the market the choice became difficult.

At the moment I like Kodak 100SW and when the light is right, 100VS.  E200
when some extra speed and pushability might be required.

If you are looking for a just "nice looking film" quick E6 trun around and
not requiring absolutely clean whites, I'd go with 100SW.

Now having said that, you'll have a super number of responses and you'll be
just as confused as you were earlier. A touch of advice...keep track of how
many give positive responses about the same film and then go with that! :)

Otherwise you are going to be inundated with types of film that are the
best. :)

And each responder will be correct, "in their fashion of shooting and subject."

The truth is, very nearly every slide film on the market makes "nice colour
transparencies" of varying degrees of goodness! :)

Lots of luck sorting this one out, but in reality, you can hardly go wrong
with any of them.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant