Subject: RE: [Leica] Ted's outcry
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 14:39:24 -0700

Larry Kopitnik wrote:

>Actually, the LUG generally responds positively and well to newbie
>questions. I recall many such welcoming and informative posts from Ted over
>the years. And I generally received encouragement following my first post
>several years ago. It's the overwhelming number and repetitive nature of
>Anthony's posts which make them, to some (many?) of us, objectionable.
>
>Ted's outcry is well put. Erwin's response is well reasoned. A less
>prolific output from Anthony, with a willingness to let a matter rest,
>would be well taken.>>>>>

Hey guys, Come on!  I don't think it was an outcry.  It was straight from
the shoulder experience for Anthony to learn how to use the world's
greatest point and shoot camera....an M6!

Look through the view finder, light the lights and shoot! What's so
outcrying about that KISS how to?

It doesn't take three weeks of incessant posts to figure out how to use an
M6! There has been a zillion offerings of help and he keeps coming back
with some pretty strange things,

The guy isn't stupid!  But we're making ourselves, some of us, look stupid
because he's doing a number on damn near everyone on the LUG! And we end up
yapping at each other and finger pointing where it rarely happened before.

Like who's the culprit here? Is he the only guy in step and the rest of are
a gaggle of dummies because we keep feeding him helpful things and he keeps
coming back with more idiot questions about the same thing he has just
received the answers for!

Before we had his constant drivel, brilliant or not, we were managing, a
bit squeaky some days, but think about it; When did all this extra heavy
duty rot start setting in?

C'mon, for those of you who remember Odmund, hell he was a pussy cat
compared to Anthony.

Take a real hard look at what's happening on the LUG! Who's slapping who?
We are doing it to ourselves over a guy who is purported to be a "newbie!"

He's not as stupid as he lets on folks! Nobody can keep coming up with the
things he does, if they were stupid!  This is a kind of sucker punch and
we're falling for it like kids in a free candy store!

I've had an offer to help set my machine to "filter" whatever that is, and
If that means not having myself go into the willies over this nonsense, so
be it! Certainly have to stop it before I loose my credibility, if that
hasn't already happened over this Anthony chap. He's going to be outta my
machine before he gets in!

Unfortunately this isn't my style with people, to mouth off as I have and
as I'm  doing  right now, and that's damn unfortunate for me. After all
these years one would think I could just slough it off like rain drops, but
when it becomes a deluge, one must take action or get an umbrella!!

The worst part? Anthony doesn't feel the anger and annoyance he creates,
only we that are stupid enough to allow our emotions over ride our
intelligence!

Just remember my old motto:

"I've become a mean assed son of a bitch! God wont have me! The devil wont
take me! I'm here forever! So piss off!" Then smile! :)

OK I'm done!
ted