Subject: Re: [Leica] Transparency film
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:03:48 -0400

"D. K." wrote:

> I usually shoot Kodachrome, but the turnaround time for development is ten
> days. I've got some jobs to do and the turnaround times will be a day at
> most. What is the best slide film for me to get the jobs done fast and look
> great?

My preference: Kodak E100VS, E100SW or E100S depending on the palette
you desire. They're all E6 so you can have them turned around in about
90 minutes at a commercial lab. The VS pops, has nice shadow detail and
holds highlights very well. The colors may be a little exaggerated. The
E100SW I use when photographing people because it is slightly warm. The
E100S I use for products and architectural work because it's very
neutral. Test. Test. Test. Make sure their ISO's are calibrated to your
working method. Good luck.
- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/