Subject: [Leica] Color prints
From: Federico Agostini <FedericoAgostini1@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 20:28:38 -0400

Hi everybody!
It's about a week that I am on the LUG and I'm enjoying -- almost --
every posting!
I'd like to put together a portfolio and I hope that somebody can
elucidate about how can I get nice prints from slides -- kind of 10 x 16
paper size with white frame around the picture --, that can compare to
the quality of those you can see in those well printed photobooks. I'm
not too enthousiastic about the "glossy" and the "pearl" quality even of
Cibachrome. I mean I love the colors but not really the paper surface. I
have the feeling my eyes are skating on it. I'd like a result like you
can obtain in b/w using fiber-based paper (semi-matte). Is digital
printing the only alternative method given the variety of papers
available? Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Federico