Subject: Re: [Leica] Color prints
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:56:03 -0700 (PDT)

If you like Cibachrome but prefer a matte or semi-matte finish, the
solution is to have Cibachromes made and then use a "fixative" spray ...
kind of a light, transparent spray paint designed for chalk and charcoal
work ... to get the matte finish on the surface. Of course, a matte finish
has somewhat different reflectance and will seem a bit darker with less
depth than a glossy finish, but you simply have it printed a tad higher
key to accomodate the darkening.

I prefer full matte finish myself rather than semi-matte or semi-gloss.
Reminds me of a printing aesthetic from when I was in high school many
years ago... :)

Godfrey