Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V12 #93
From: Federico Agostini <FedericoAgostini1@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 08:09:21 -0400

Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:01:51 -0600

From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>

Subject: [Leica] David Alan Harvey & Velvia

Interesting listening to an interview with David Alan Harvey - he shot all

of his recent Cuba Photographs for NG with Velvia rated at 50 iso, using

mainly a 28mm, 35mm and sometimes a 50mm on his M6 (+his small Vivitar

flash). As he said, he sets out at the beginning of the day with one bag of

film and one camera.

Tim A

Thanks for the information! It's amazing how this guy can obtain such
pictures with just a 50 iso film. Not that I doubt for a single moment
about that but how can he get enough depth of field and unblurred
subjects - unless he does it deliberately using slow synch flash - with
just Velvia??  The same goes for Alex Webb of whom, like you Tim, I am a
fan. I was told he favors K64. But if I look to his Florida and Amazon
books I can't help to wonder whether he sometimes - especially in
low-light conditions - used faster film, maybe K200, maybe pushed
+1&1/3... who knows. I was told also that he's got a sort of a flip-up
magnifying attachment to the eye-piece of his M's, supposedely as a
focusing aid. Does anybody have clues about what that might be?? Thanks
in advance.

Federico Agostini
101715.212@compuserve.com