Subject: Re: [Leica] "Best Buy" Leica SLR recommendations, please
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:39:02 -0500

At 09:26 AM 9/23/99 -0400, CAMRALUGGR@aol.com wrote:
>Not to waste bandwidth, I must say it is a thrill to have my teenage son
>share an interest in photography.  So, if buying a Leica SLR for his use
>promotes "quality time" interaction with him, it is money well spent!  Your
>thoughts and suggestions are welcome.  Feel free to email me privately if you
>wish, and if anyone has

Mike,

I'd suggest starting with an R4sP and a 50 Summicron R, as he asked. Then
he can expand beyond that to other lenses. The slower Leica lenses used are
not nearly as expensive as the fast stuff. A 28 Elmarit and a 90 Summicron
would be good companions for this lens. Then a 180 and a 24, or 21/19. It
doesn't take a lot of hardware to have a good affordable outfit (in Leica
terms affordable).

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

It's about time we started to take photography seriously and treat it as a
hobby. - Eliott Erwitt