Subject: Re: [Leica] "Best Buy" Leica SLR recommendations, please
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 08:56:13 -0400

Andre wrote:

        --> Why does not the Leica R-E come up
             in these "recommended" lists ?
                Is it fragile ?
                Or too expensive on the used markets to make sense?

        --> What makes the Leica R-E special ?

        --> Is the R4 that much smaller than the others ?
                That makes it a real contender and there's
                a brand new one at a local dealer,
                wherever he found that...
                Perhaps he bought a bankrupcy or something.

<<<

Think of the R-E as an R5s.  I know of no problems with it that would make
it a poor choice, but it's more expensive than a used R4sP, partly because
of its added features (TTL Flash and built-in diopter correction) and
partly because it's scarce.  The scarcity of the R-E seems like a dumb
reason for it to be priced higher, since there were fewer R4sP bodies made.
 If anyone needed TTL flash ,the R-E would be on my "buy" list.

Doug Herr
Sacramento