Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] RE: Intermediate aperture settings and the case Anthony
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:57:06 +0200

From: Dominique PELLISSIER <Dominique.Pellissier@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr>
Sent: Friday, September 24, 1999 10:55

> I have sympathy for a victim but just a question : why
> did Anthony get the sack from the Nikon users group ?

Apparently that group is less tolerant than this one (so far).  The moderator of
the list told me that he had received 150 complaints about me (not sure exactly
what the complaints said), and so he removed me.  That's only about 4% of the
list, but I guess that was enough.  He later proposed an appeal process and also
the possibility of rejoining if I "followed the rules," but I never responded.
I don't believe in banning people just because I don't like the way they post or
the opinions they hold, so I saw no advantage in being part of a group that
makes this type of intolerance official policy.

I'm glad that you can't ban people from USENET newsgroups.

  -- Anthony