Subject: [Leica] low light softness
From: Neil Frankish <nfrnkish@dux4.tcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:21:24 +0100

Nathan,

Thanks for the tip about the Noct (didn't I say whatever you do, don't
mention the Noct! :-)  ). As for the films, perhaps they are not the
sharpest, though I'm quite impressed by the graininess (or releative lack
of) - but the negs are so thin!. The last roll of Delta3200, I exposed at
1600, but developed for 3200.

I'll work on my technique. If there is one thing that shows up any
deficiencies in ones technique, it is probably low light work.

I had an awefully bad lens once - a 300mm Tamron. In bright lighting prints
looked quite sharp, but at lower light levels, the poor contrast and
performance of the lens really made its presence known. Is there somethig
about lightlevels and micro contrast or something?

Neil