Subject: [Leica] 135/2.8 Tele Elamarit
From: kt66@cyberhighway.net (ckk)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:48:12 -0700 (PDT)

The wife says get a longer lens. I think that's what she said.

Anyway, I was looking at CameraQuest's Leica site, and was a little
befuddled regarding the 135/2.8 Tele-Elmarit variations.

The site describes a version with the magnifier attached by screws, and a
variation with magnifier cast into lens body. Also, a 135 made after 1975
that is optically like an R lens.  These variations aren't well
differentiated by date of manufacture.  I also can not tell if there are
inherent ergonomic or quality differences.

I would like help sorting out these lenses from the LUG technical crowd . I
could not find any solid info regarding these lenses in the archives.

Pointing me to a useful web site is fine.

Thanks,

Kevin