Subject: [Leica] Canadians should hate US
From: kt66@cyberhighway.net (ckk)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 21:15:22 -0700 (PDT)

Although  I have always enjoyed traveling in Canada, and like Canadians, I
realize that they love to hate the US.  It is odd that I meet so many of
them who live in my country. Why can't the comedians, actors, engineers,...
make a living in the Mother Country?  Why move  to a country that one hates?
I don't get this.

Also, Canada seems  less likely to take an active roll in world conflicts.
Good for them. This is an envious, luxury to which the USA should return
(pre-WWI). We have become too arrogant regarding our influence. I loathe the
fact that my tax dollars are spread all over the world to prop up one
failed, abusive government  after another (Mexico, Russia, Indonesia,
Columbia,...). Then we  agree to take in immigrants in huge numbers from
these countries to diffuse social breakdown.  Dumb move on our part. Get
this, many  of the MIddle East anti -US and Israeli groups get their money
and military support from within the US from immigrant terrorists. The IRA
gets many of  its money and guns from within the US, as well. Canadians are
smarter in this respect.

 Also, why should so many of my relatives and friends have risked or given
their lives to protect so many thankless people of the world. I promise that
the next time Europe, Africa, Central America, Asia, or the Middle East
decides to self destruct, and they routinely do,  I will voice my opinion
that they can kill anyone but my people. Screw em'.  I do not want anyone
else in my family having to fight some other  region's worthless conflicts.

 In fact, let's take Canada's stance, no active involvement. One long-term
benefit is that  we can place US flags on our backpacks.

Kevin