Subject: RE: [Leica] QA/QC
From: mail <JAPHO@cunyvm.cuny.edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 17:41:06 EDT

When I bought my only m6 around 1985 brand new. CA:1985, it had..,.
less than compleatly parrallel curtains
off horizontal red Leitz circle
Second curtain climbing slightly on the first
1 small blemish near the shutterspeed dial
It wasn't worth the trouble of sending it back
and the first roll of film came out great.
So I kept it as-is
Still use it that way never CLAd
Ah
The good ole days
when Leitz QC problems were always cosmetic.
As for hasselblads
I bought a 2000FC about 1 year ago
The lens cranking /coupling mechanism
Is the worst I've seen anywhere at any price.
If anything goes wrong with the lens or the body
They will lock on to each other,  on the 4th frame of the first roll in my case
and the only way to separate them is to
rake the thing apart from the back.
QWhat a god awful design!
Getting the thing together again correctly is an even bigger pain in the ass,
No timing Marks!
This is what happens when Swedes try to engineer like germans
Great QC though as I've heard. There is definitly a market for Leitz here.
If they would only do somethging that makes sense for a change
Best Regards
Javier