Subject: Re: [Leica] QA/QC
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 18:57:50 +0200

From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 1999 10:40

> Well... since *every* single owner of a defective Leica
> product finds his way to this group to complain about it,
> I'd say "a few".

Someone wrote to me and said that he had four consecutive M6 TTL meters fail on
him.  Sounds incredible.

Are all M6 TTL bodies manufacturered in Germany?

> People who pay $2000 for a Nikon and end up with a defective
> piece of gear, just aren't such whiners; they know that life
> isn't perfect.

I guess you haven't seen my numerous complaints about Nikon's scanners on
USENET.  I've never had a defect or failure with any of their photographic
equipment, but their LS-2000 scanner was defective right out of the box.  It's
still in the shop; from what I hear, that's where Nikon scanners spend most of
their time.

  -- Anthony