Subject: Re: [Leica] Consistent underexposure - what am I (a newbie) doing wrong?
From: Austin Burbridge <LIGHTandPOWER@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 14:27:19 -0700

Dear Anthony, You should have the meter checked, promptly! And
adjusted until it works right for you.

I work with expensive and well-made devices all the time. I do not
expect them to always be properly adjusted (or, to be more precise,
properly adjusted to my requirements), right out of the box (although
most of the time they are). What I do expect is that things will get
put right quickly, under the terms of warranty; and that it can, in
fact, be adjusted to work precisely the way I want. That support is
what I pay a premium for.