Subject: Re: [Leica] Consistent underexposure - what am I (a newbie) doing wrong?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 20:56:40 -0400

At 01:48 AM 9/18/1999 +0200, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
>I got a Leica M6 a few days ago, to find out more about Leica for myself.
The
>experience is largely positive thus far, but I'm having trouble with
exposure.
>I haven't done manual exposure in several years (my F5 does it
automatically and
>I rarely switch it to manual), and a majority of my photos with the Leica
seem
>to be underexposed.

This bothers me a great deal.  Learn exposure YOURSELF.  Do NOT rely on a
meter.  Learn the "sunny sixteen" rule.

I do virtually no flash work -- to the point where "fill-flash" is a huge
mathematical exercize I'd rather avoid.  But manual exposures?  They should
be in the head.  If not, bracket, son, bracket!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!