Subject: [Leica] Hats Again -- I may have to give up my protests!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:44:10 -0400

This gets frustrating.  Even the British Army is now selling military
clothing -- I suspect as a recruiting tool, to make it seem "cool" to be
togged out in the latest military garb, but one cannot help seeing this as
a fund-raising tool under a parsiminous Labour government.  In any event,
they -- the BRITISH Army, mind you, not the Yanks or the Canadians or even
those fellows who walk around on the heads in the Antipodes -- are selling
BASEBALL CAPS:

http://www.army.mod.uk/army/index2.htm

and follow the links.

I am humiliated.  Brollies, maybe, or even a discretely marked bowler.  Or
underwear.  Yes -- I could see them selling British Army underwear for the
likes of Ted and his ilk.  But BASEBALL CAPS?  Why not be authentic and
sell cricket caps?

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!