Subject: Re: [Leica] Weight vs size
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:44:09 -0700 (PDT)

On size alone, the Minox EC wins over everything. 145g complete with flash
unit in the combination case, and it's a trifle smaller than my wallet.
I can carry two of them (loaded with color and B&W), plus spare film and
batteries, without overstuffing my pants pockets. :)

My comparison is between the two kits I've carried a lot: Nikon FE2,
20/3.5, 50/1.8, 70-300/4-5.6D, small flash, hoods in a Domke F5X
hip/shoulder bag and the M4-P with 50/2, 28/2.8, 90/2, Sekonic L328,
hoods, same small flash, same Domke bag. They both filled the bag to about
the same degree and both weighed in at about 7.5 lbs total.

Godfrey

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Jim Laurel wrote:

> Weight is only part of the equation.  Size matters, and in this case,
> smaller is better.  You can put an Elmarit 21 ASPH, Summilux 35 ASPH,
[snip]