Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica US's B. S.----More
From: Bill Erfurth <m6rf@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 10:13:25 -0700 (PDT)

Javier wrote:
Oh yes they do
It's not a problem though
We are afterall a captive audience
and we'll keep buying their stuff
no matter how they treat us.
javier
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hello Javier & others,

No, we are not a captive audience.  We already have
their products to one extent or another...but we do
not have to continue to buy their new products.  Leica
must continue to earn our business and Herr Cohn
understands this.

That being said, the problem is not with Leica AG
(Solms) but with Leica USA (New Jersey).  And Yes, you
can do something about that.  The solution is quite
simple. All you have to do to effect change at Leica
USA is to buy used equipment or GREY MARKET equipment.
 Always keep in mind that Leica equipment that passes
through the Leica USA warehouse is resold at an
inflated price.  If you "vote with your dollars" and
buy Leica equipment that is used or  Grey MARKET, this
is one piece of equipment that Leica USA does not
sell.  And, when enough people do this, Leica (Solms)
will get the message and changes will be made.

On a related post.  I really don't believe that Leica
(Solms) reads this list...regardless of what they say.
 However, I know some people that have received
immediate resolutions to their problems with Leica USA
by e-mailing their problem directly to Leica Solms.

This is done by going to the Leica web site at
http://www.leica-camera.com and clicking on "contact
us".  If you keep your message brief and to the point
you probably with have your problem solved within a
day or two.

I would always try going through Leica USA first, but
if they want to screw around, I would contact Leica
(Solms) in a heart beat.  You purchased 'first class'
equipment from a 'first class' German company.  I
believe that entitles you to 'first class' service.

Regards,

Bill Erfurth