Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Tilley Hats!
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:34:59 -0300

Donal:

I was given a Tilley hat by a supplier in Ontario.  I too thought it was
nerdy and didn't wear it much.  I tried it sailing, but in a good breeze,
the brim folds down in front of my eyes and I ended up tossing it in the
bilge.  I then tried it again on a trip to Alberta.  I was going on an
organised trip and figured I might as well look like a tourist.  The hat
performs great when doing photography as the brim is soft enough to push
out of the way when shooting verticals.  With a baseball hat, you have to
put it on backwards to get the brim out of the way when shooting vertical.

Regards,

Robert