Subject: [Leica] 24 mm and CLE
From: "Robert L Jones" <rjones4@home.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 16:59:31 -0700

- --MS_Mac_OE_3019913971_815847_MIME_Part

FYI,

I was using my CLE the other day on a trip when I realized that the finder
reveals (with my glasses on) a 24 mm image. If I crane my eyes to the
extremes it is slightly wider. This means an auxiliary finder isn't
necessary. It would thus seem that the CLE is an excellent body to use with
the new 24 mm APO. So I ordered one from Pat McKee (very helpful LUGger!).
The CLE will end up being my wide angle body for the 15 mm Heliar (which is
quite nice; less contrasty than a Leitz lens, but an excellent value) and
the 24 mm.

I've never used a CL so I don't know if the angle of view is the same, if it
is this should make the CLs and CLEs more valuable.

R. Jones
- --MS_Mac_OE_3019913971_815847_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>24 mm and CLE</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
<BLOCKQUOTE>FYI,<BR>
<BR>
I was using my CLE the other day on a trip when I realized that the finder =
reveals (with my glasses on) a 24 mm image. If I crane my eyes to the extrem=
es it is slightly wider. This means an auxiliary finder isn't necessary. It =
would thus seem that the CLE is an excellent body to use with the new 24 mm =
APO. So I ordered one from Pat McKee (very helpful LUGger!). The CLE will en=
d up being my wide angle body for the 15 mm Heliar (which is quite nice; les=
s contrasty than a Leitz lens, but an excellent value) and the 24 mm.<BR>
<BR>
I've never used a CL so I don't know if the angle of view is the same, if i=
t is this should make the CLs and CLEs more valuable.<BR>
<BR>
R. Jones</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

- --MS_Mac_OE_3019913971_815847_MIME_Part--