Subject: Re: [Leica] Beauty of the digital darkroom
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 07:07:30 -0500

At 06:56 AM 9/9/99 -0400, Gary D. Whalen wrote:
>but I can't see how digital can match silver in black and white.

Gary,

It really can, if you know what you are doing. Except in a couple of way.
Big prints larger than the printer can output. (Mine only goes to 8.5 x 11
inches). And archival quality.

And the satisfaction that comes from watching the print come up in the
developer. (You can tell I haven't been in the darkroom for a couple years!).

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Computers can never replace human stupidity.